Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sephora By O.P.I. Nail Polish (4 colors) - Product Review

This is a product review for the Sephora by OPI line of nail polishes which can be purchased for $9.50 (sometimes less, if they go on sale) at Sephora, Sephora inside JCPenny or at www.sephora.com. Sometimes you can find these polishes at TJ Maxx for $3.99 but the selection is very limited, if they even have them at all. The Sephora by OPI nail polishes are, for the most part, more expensive than the regular line of OPI nail polishes, which start at $8 and can be found in various stores and salons. They are also more than the Nicole by OPI nail polish line, which can usually be found for around $7 and are more readily available than the others.

The polishes this review is based on are "Violet's Just Get Married", "Studs & Stilettos", "Leaf Him at the Altar", and "Never Enough Shoes". All of the polishes took about two coats to get an opaque look and the coverage I desired. The polishes do not have very much smell at all and I didn't feel as if I was inhaling a lot of fumes or anything when using these. The coverage was very good with all of them and all of the brushes were sort of wide, excluding "Leaf Him at the Altar", which had a smaller brush. The wider brushes made coverage much more easier and I could easily coat my entire nail in one or two strokes. The dry time for all of these polishes was very quick and didn't have any smudges or other mishaps due to them being wet. Now onto the individual colors:

 "Violet's Just Get Married" is a light purple-ish color that seems to be metallic, but is almost like a pink to purple duochrome. It is the most sheer of them all, but still only took roughly two coats to get the opacity that I desired. I think this color would look better over another color, perhaps a purple. It came out very light and was a bit difficult to photograph.



"Studs & Stilettos" is a gorgeous, creamy brown. It's rich and chocolate-y looking. It covered amazingly well and I barely needed two coats. It also went on kind of thick, but that was a personal preference, I could have used less had I desired to. I really like this color and didn't want to take it off for the next one.

"Leaf Him at the Altar" is a sparkling glittery green! It is really beautiful and covers nicely, but the brush on it was smaller than the other brushes so it didn't go on as quickly. It still only took two coats for the desired opacity. This doesn't look nearly as beautiful in the bottle as it did on my nails!
"Never Enough Shoes" is the last polish I tried. I honestly bought it for the name, but it looks wonderful on. The pictures do not do it justice AT ALL! It is a glossy black with tiny glitters of all different colors in it. I couldn't believe how glossy it is! And this is without a top coat! The glitters may be barely noticeable, but they ARE noticeable and they are gorgeous. This polish reminds me of outer space. This is two coats.

So those are all of the Sephora by OPI nail polishes I have tried so far, and I love them all! Each one is unique and beautiful and perfect for different occasions. I definitely recommend this polish brand, although it is on the pricey side. I will stick to sales and hoping I get lucky at TJ Maxx mostly, but if there is a color I see that I want, knowing the brushes and formula, I would certainly pay full price.

Thank you for reading, I hope this helps you out and if you have any questions please ask!



No comments:

Post a Comment